Thursday, October 14, 2010

[Art] Cottage Scene

Categories:

In August, I had the wonderful opportunity to stay over at my aunt and uncles cottage for a few days with my parents and younger sister. This invitation tends to be extended annually, but I can say with honesty that I appreciate it more and more every year. I love spending time up there - there is almost nothing better! I felt as though I needed to give my aunt and uncle something to show my appreciation, so over the summer, I painted this for them. It's depicting a portion of their backyard at the cottage. Their cottage has some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen, so, needless to say, I felt inspired. I took a photograph of the area for reference. Once I established the colour palette, I drew the whole scene out and then started painting it. This piece took hours. I'm not sure how many, but if I had to guess, I'd say somewhere around 50 or so. I know that sounds like a dramatic amount, but it's a very long process; I would zoom in very close to the screen to paint in little sections, so as to not leave out any detail. After I finished painting it, I had it professionally printed and stretched on to canvas. Then, I presented it as a gift to my aunt and uncle. They seemed to like it. :) I hope to do something like this again once I have some free time.

Click the thumbnail(s) to view full-sized image(s).



© Victoria Breton. Thanks for viewing!

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

No Response to "[Art] Cottage Scene"

Post a Comment