Thursday, December 16, 2010

[Art] 3Ds Max 2011 Boiler Room Assignment (Humber College)

Categories: ,

A few weeks ago, I posted a few progress shots of my boiler room. The final was due today. It feels like a giant weight has been lifted off of my shoulders! I plan to further polish this piece during the Christmas break, but for the most part, I am happy with my progress. Sure, there are certain details that bother me (as always), but it has undeniably come a long way. This project, for me, has been a struggle from the beginning. After restarting a handful of times, frustrated with having a lack of a true "vision" in mind, I visited a boiler room thanks to a lucky connection. (Thanks again, 'Uncle' Robin!) Real-life inspiration was something that greatly aided my creative process. I was also (and remain, to a certain extent) fairly naive in relation to boiler rooms, having never actually stepped into one prior to this lucky opportunity. A room filled with dust, pipes, and rust was a new concept for me, and I had to really push myself to "dirty" up the room during this assignment. (My natural instinct, for whatever reason, is to always have things symmetrical and clean). This assignment was somewhat of a vehicle that allowed me to push past this. In retrospect, I could have still pushed it further. Above all else, I was able to overcome a lot of things while working on this assignment, and I consequently learned a lot along the way. 33,702 polys and 40 textures later...

Click the thumbnail(s) to view full-sized image(s).  


This assignment also required us to animate a 100 - 200 frame camera sequence.



© Victoria Breton. Thanks for viewing!

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

No Response to "[Art] 3Ds Max 2011 Boiler Room Assignment (Humber College)"

Post a Comment