Wednesday, September 15, 2010

[Art] "Lucas" Concepts (Humber College)

Categories:

After a lovely, balanced summer of employment and relaxation, I'm now back at Humber. Second year, second week. It seems as though it will be an interesting semester filled with learning experiences and new challenges. I apologize for the lack of updates over the summer; I actually drew and painted quite a bit, but didn't feel the necessity to post them. Perhaps I will later.

As I said, I'm already in my second week and the assignments are coming at us with full speed. My favourite assignment we've received thus far: character concept. In my 3D Animation Production 3 class, we had to create a character, give it a background/personality, and then create a "t-pose" sheet and "hero" shots.

Meet Lucas. A third grader with a heart of gold. He's a bit of a nerd, sure, but strives to succeed academically and socially. He's one of the friendliest kids at Forestview Elementary (tentative name), but his academic strength can occasionally get him into trouble. See the sketch of him running? That took place after the class bully asked Lucas to do his homework for him. Lucas, thinking of the situation morally, said no, which caused the bully (who is, sadly, nameless at the moment) to threaten to beat him up. Run, Lucas, run! I've been developing Lucas on-and-off since 2007. He's still not perfect, but he has come a long way. I love designing characters in every sense of the word, so I think I'm going to really enjoy this character-driven class. Next week, we're going to start transitioning from 2D to 3D. I'll begin modeling Lucas in Autodesk Mudbox 2011.

Click the thumbnail(s) to view full-sized image(s).



© Victoria Breton. Thanks for viewing!

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

No Response to "[Art] "Lucas" Concepts (Humber College)"

Post a Comment