Saturday, September 25, 2010

[Progress] Hallway Assignment (Humber College)

Categories:

For the past three weeks, I have been working relentlessly on this assignment. We have been told to create a hallway for a first-person shooter game. We have been taught that video game consoles cannot handle large amounts of polygons, and as such, we have created a "low-res" version of our concept, in addition to a "high-res" version. The low-res version includes a small amount of polygons (we were told we had to keep it under 1000 faces, which is actually a difficult task), small amounts of details, etc. The high-res version is obviously much more polished. It's more creative than its predecessor, and as such, I prefer it. It allows us to breathe life into our otherwise-dull low-res concept. My teacher warned me that my hallway, in its beginning stages, looked more like a room than a hallway. Subsequently, I've been tweaking it as I work. Does it look more like a hallway now? Personally, I think it does. As as side-note, the lighting and camera angles in the third shot are still a work in progress. We have seven weeks in total to complete this, and when I'm finished, it will look like something - hopefully! - right out of a video game; bursting with colour, story, and atmosphere.

Click the thumbnail(s) to view full-sized image(s).


The image is small on purpose, so you can catch a glimpse of my work thus far.
© Victoria Breton. Thanks for viewing!

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

No Response to "[Progress] Hallway Assignment (Humber College)"

Post a Comment